Hearing at Pacheco

No, you will be invited by the Immigration Office at a specific date and time.

If you are a guardian or lawyer with questions about the hearings and their organization, please send them to the following email address: asylum.minors [at] ibz.fgov.be.

Questions relating to the hearings and their organisation can be sent (by the guardian or the lawyer) at the following e-mail address: asylum.minors [at] ibz.fgov.be

No, for practical reasons this is not possible. The IO provides interpreters.

If you are unable to attend the hearing on the planned date, you must inform the Immigration Office as soon as possible. The reasons you give must be well-founded.

Contact: Asile.interviews [at] ibz.fgov.be

The purpose of the hearing at the IO is firstly to determine whether Belgium is responsible for examining your application, based on Regulation (EU) No 604/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2013 establishing the criteria and mechanisms for determining the Member State responsible for examining an application for international protection lodged in one of the Member States by a third-country national or a stateless person.

If Belgium is not responsible for your application, but another country of the European Union, as well as Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein, is, you will be notified of a decision to refuse your stay with an order to leave the territory.

After the hearing, the IO will send the file to the Office of the Commissioner General for Refugees and Stateless Persons (CGRS) to examine your application.

You must go to the municipal administration of your main residence with the admissibility decision of the CGRS. The municipal administration can issue a certificate of registration which is valid for 4 months from the date of issue and is renewable unless the Immigration Office advises otherwise.

An order to leave the territory in the context of the international protection procedure is notified via the "elected domicile": this is the address where you have indicated that you wish to receive your correspondence from the Immigration Office or the CGRS during your procedure. If there is no elected domicile, you are considered to have elected domicile at the CGRS and you must pick up your correspondence there. Any change of residence must be notified to the Immigration Office or the CGRS by registered letter.

You can lodge an appeal with the Council for Alien Law Litigation within 30 days of being notified of the order to leave the territory.