Unaccompanied Foreign Minors (UFM)

Does the UFM have family in another European member state and if so, does the UFM wish to join them?

The guardian must contact the Immigration Office in order to initiate the Dublin procedure. A specific interview is then organised and the following documents must be presented:

  • a copy of the family member's European documents
  • the exact address of the family member
  • the residence permit of the family member
  • documents proving the family relationship OR the result of a DNA test
  • a statement (Fr - Nl) signed by the UFM stating that they wish to live with their family member
  • a statement (Fr - Nl) signed by the family member stating that they wish to take care of the UFM

Contact: Dublin Unit: asylum.dublin [at] ibz.fgov.be (). Please always copy asylum.minors [at] ibz.fgov.be ().